Danny M. Wix
2005 – Present ADVANCE PRIVATE INVESTIGATIONS, LLC
Private Investigator License Number: 5876
Private Investigations Company License Number: 1373
Training Specialist (Temporary)
Responsibilities: Instructor and Class Coordinator
Background Investigator (Temporary)
Responsibilities: Investigate the background of individuals applying for employment or
promotion for the TBI and Department of Safety.
1975 – 2005 TENNESSEE BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
Special Agent Criminal Investigator II
Assignment: Field Agent FField Agent
1. Criminal investigations
2. Covert criminal investigation
3. Coordination of Investigations between Federal, State, County, and City Law Enforcement, Rescue Squad, and Organizations responsible for the location, protection, and recovery of victims of crimes and criminals violators of Federal, State, and Local Laws.
4. Crime scene processing
5. Identify and maintain evidence of crimes
6. Identify and interview witnesses, subjects, and victims of crimes
7. Arrest criminal subjects
8. Prepare reports on investigations for the District Attorney General
9. Give testimony in criminal and civil court
10. Security for Governors, Presidents, and dignitaries.
Assignment: Field Agent IFinstructor
Instructor of Homicide Investigation as Visiting
Faculty at the
2. In-service training for State, County, and City Law Enforcement Officers.
B. Burglary Investigations
C. Felony Investigations
3. Operate and maintain bureau equipment.
A. Computer and related programs and equipment
B. Communication equipment
C. Electronic surveillance equipment
1973 – 1975 TENNESSEE DEPARTMENT OF SAFETY
Trooper (Tactical Squad)
1. Enforcement of State, Federal, Local Laws
2. Traffic accident rescue and emergency medical assistance.
3. Hazardous explosives devices disposal
4. Hazardous Materials Basics for First Responders.
5. Rappelling and rescue
6. Riot control
8. Instructor in the following courses:
B. Cardiopulmonary resuscitation technique
C. Emergency medical technician
1970 – 1973 TENNESSEE DEPARTMENT OF SAFETY
1. Enforcement of State Laws
2. Instructor of VASCAR a speed time device for traffic control.
3. Riot Control
4. Accident investigation.
Bachelor Science in Criminal Justice Administration (Aug. 12, 1989)
Associate of Arts in Law Enforcement (Aug. 12, 1989) Minors: Psychology and Sociology
MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE UNIVERSITY
3 Hours of Graduate studies (Spring 2002)
1. Concept of Justice "Police Racial Profiling"
12 Hours of Graduate studies:
1. Public Policy in Criminal Justice
2. Social Habilitation
3. Organized Crime
4. Systems Planning
FEDERAL BUREAU OF
(World Wide Training of Selected Law Enforcement Officers)
1. Constitutional law
2. Management for law enforcement
3. Applied criminology
4. Effective communication
5. Crime scene search
6. Combat shot gunning
7. Helicopter rappelling
Responsibilities: Member and Chairman MemChairman
1977 – 1982 U.S. COAST GUARD RESERVE
Chief Petty Officer in Port Security
1. Enforcing Federal Regulations in regard to shipping on the inner coastal waterways.
2. Inspection of transportation and storage of hazardous chemicals and material.
1967 – 1970 U.S. ARMY
Specialist 5, Microwave Technician
1. Operate, repair, and maintain fixed station microwave communications.